Going to Montreal for Stamping on feb 13th, Statrting Sunday Morning

krishna6849

Guys,

can you please update how the interview process is going on ? can you provide with me your contact details.....I am havign date in Feb 23rd...Fingers crossed...

Hi,

Here is my experience so far: H1B visa stamping for the second time (Extension and working for same employee). My first visa stamping was in Ottawa back in 2009, BTW very easy, I got my passport the next day of my interview).

I got an appointment Feb 13th, 2012 at 9am.

I got the consulate at 8:30. Wait in the cold for about 50 min.

Leave the consulate at 1pm.

I was told at the end of the interview: Passport will be delivery to the DHL office you selected during you visa app schedule in 5-6 workdays.

Advise:

-Don't take backpacks, big bags, electronic devices, you wont be allow to get in, ONLY your papers. Many people were sent back.

-Don't make plans to comeback the next day. Specially if you have to buy airfare tickets, rent a car or make hotel reservations.

- I consider my case very straight forward, because is an extension (3 years) and working with the same employee, NO REASON FOR DALAYS but today is feb 16th and I am still waiting. No way to find out about the status of your case. Be prepare, just relax and enjoy the city.

naresh / simon - did they say ur visa was approved... my VO said visa is approved and later sent an email asking for more docs..... so no passport yet ....how did you know it was PIMS ....? pls advise

Yes my visa was approved and I did not get any email back from the consulate. As I mentioned before I am full time employee. Working for the same company. I'm getting my extension and also I did my masters in USA. I went through b1, f1, cpt, opt and now getting my h1b extension. As you can see i did all the process and with no problems. no reason for wait this long.

• 1 month later...

naresh / simon - did they say ur visa was approved... my VO said visa is approved and later sent an email asking for more docs..... so no passport yet ....how did you know it was PIMS ....? pls advise

Hi,

Can you please let me know your Interview details i have my interview on the 26th April

Archived