Urgent : Applying for H1B after applying for Green Card...

EOE

I am on a L1 visa and I have applied for Green Card with my employer. Unfortunately, my current project may end in about a year and if it does I will be asked to go back to India.

Can I apply for H1B with another employer but continue on L1 and change to H1B in the future ONLY if my current project ends?

If my H1B gets approved with another employer and I choose NOT to move to another company, will that affect my current Green card application?

Please advice.

If your h1 with new employer get approved, then your l1 to h1 change of status is approved so you will have to move on to new employer

When my H1 gets approved, can I not continue on L1 if I don't apply for change of status? And in the future when I choose to change to H1, I can apply for change of status and move to H1, is'nt it?

So if my H1B gets approved with a new employer and if I choose not to leave my current employer, can I apply for a H1 transfer from new employer to current employer? Also, if I do this, it looks like my Green card application with my current employer will get cancelled, and I would have to start my Green Card application all over again, right?

Archived