F1-OPT (EAD) to H1B

to_vaib

Hi,

I'm on currently on F1-OPT and my EAD is going to expire on Aug 1st. I just accepted the offer from one of the University for an Assistant professor position and they are going to start my H1b and my start date is 27th Aug. My understanding is that usually H1B start from Oct 1. Could someone help me understand if my start date is 27th Aug, how can I start before oct 1? Is there any other suggested way for Universities Professors?

Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated

V

Generally, individuals applying for H1B status for the first time are subject to the numerical H1B cap. The first day a cap subject petition may be filed is April 1 and the requested start date must be October 1 or later. However, certain employers, such as universities, are exempt from the numerical quota and thus may file H1B petitions at any time during the fiscal year.

Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss your specific facts and to determine whether your employer is cap exempt and the best strategy for filing your H1B petition.

Archived