2 Pending 485 case transferred to NBC - May11

I live in Chicago, IL

June 2007 Employment based 485 filed and is pending as of today - EB3- pending with Texes Ser Center

June 09 - married to a US citizen

Nov 09 - Interview at Chicago Office with me and my spouse- Marriage was approved(I forgot the name of the form that was approved for this) but GC was not issued as the officer wanted to see my TX Employment based 485 file and then issue the Marriage based 485.

Chicago officer was supposed to request the file from the TX office. The Chicago office has requested the file but TX service won't send it as they say they have the jud. on

it. This request for the file to be sent over from the TX to Chicago has been requested me, lawyer and the Chicago office several times but no response and this went on for like a year.

I made an info pass in Chicago off and they said I should write a withdrawal letter for my Employment Based 485 to the TX then it should be resolved.

To be more accurate...I got my Cong Office involved and I asked them to investigate and they said Yes I should withdraw the case.

So in Mar'11 my lawyer wrote a letter of withdrawal and the cong person sent that letter on my behalf.

May 12'11, I got a status update for both my case that both are in 'Intial Review' and BOTH my cases are getting transferred to National Benefits Center.

Now my question is that why are they getting transferred? Why isnt the file getting sent to Chicago as I thought the GC would have been issues from Chicago office?

I have had all my interviews? Am i looking ahead for another one?

My 2 yr anniversary of my marriage if in June 11...so will I still get a conditional GC if the GC is issues after June 11?

Your responses and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Archived