Travel to India with New employer's I-797 Approval & Old Employer Visa Stamp

cmanojonline@gmail.com

Hi,

I have H1B visa stamped in my passport from my previous employer and its valid through May2013. I changed my employer in June2011 and got my H1 transfer approval in Aug2011.

Now can I travel outside US and would there be any issues in re-entering US with stamped H1B visa valid through May 2013 from my previous employer? Should I carry any other documents (apart from Previous & current H1 I-797/I-129 documents) which would be needed at the Port of Entry?

Do I need to appear for visa stamping for the new I-797 approval (H1 Transfer) or since the current visa is still valid, stamping is not needed?

Is there any risk at Port of Entry when I enter US with the valid visa from previous employer and current employer’s H1 transfer approval documents?

FYI: I am working as a Direct Full time employee with an end-client and not through any consulting firm.

Thanks in advance!

Stamping is not needed since your current Visa Stamp is valid till May 2013. Make sure you take CURRENT I-797 and Paystubs just in case they ask. If you can take a offer letter from your current employer too... (just to be on the safe side)

Here is the sample... Hope it helps....

Date:

Re: Continuing Employment with [Your company name]

Dear [Your Name]

This letter confirms that [company name] intends and expects for you to continue your employment with the company as [Position Title] upon your return to the United States from vacation in India on [Date you are expected to return]. As [Position Title] your current job responsibilities are:

For avoidance of doubt this letter does not change any of the terms of your employment with the Company.

We look forward to your return and continuing our working relationship. Safe travels.

Sincerely,

HR Person

contact info

Archived