Passport Expiry & Visa Stamping

krisk2p

HI

My name is Krishna and I live in Detroit

I have a valid H1b Visa till June 2013

I have a valid passport till Aug2012

I want to go to india in feb2012 (I have visa stamping) by the time I go there my passport will have exact 6months validity period. If my visa stamping is done successfully then I am planning to come back in March2012 (now I will have exact 5months passport validity). I want to get my passport renewal once I come back to USA in Mar2012

NOTE: I want go India to attend my sister’s wedding and if I want to do my passport renewal now it’s going to take 30-45 working days and I have no time. (I checked this info. At Consulate General of India, Chicago)

My question here is, does my passport validity is going to be any problem for my visa stamping and for my travel booking?

Appreciate your valuable suggestions & thanks for your time, thank you

Krishna

HI

My name is Krishna and I live in Detroit

I have a valid H1b Visa till June 2013

I have a valid passport till Aug2012

I want to go to india in feb2012 (I have visa stamping) by the time I go there my passport will have exact 6months validity period. If my visa stamping is done successfully then I am planning to come back in March2012 (now I will have exact 5months passport validity). I want to get my passport renewal once I come back to USA in Mar2012

NOTE: I want go India to attend my sister’s wedding and if I want to do my passport renewal now it’s going to take 30-45 working days and I have no time. (I checked this info. At Consulate General of India, Chicago)

My question here is, does my passport validity is going to be any problem for my visa stamping and for my travel booking?

Appreciate your valuable suggestions & thanks for your time, thank you

Krishna

You have a valid visa till June 2013, why do you need a visa stamping?

When you go for stamping your passport should have atleast 6 months validity. You are already taking a risk going to India for H1B visa stamping and now on top of that you have another thing to worry about.

Usually it doesnt take the Indian Consulate 30-45 days to renew passport ( Ive gotten mine in 7 days). If they offer emergency passport renewal service, I highly suggest you pay extra and renew your passport before you leave.Otherwise if you plan to go to India be prepared to stay longer if the consulate doesn't stamp your visa for this reason. They just might ask you to get a new passport made in India. The consulate can catch you on the smallest of things...Gluck!

Archived