HR 3012....Discussion

roul_raj123

@JoeF: This bill screws over ROW people, no matter how hard you try to divert the issue.

And people who are happy to screw other over for their own benefit are indeed in the category of "selling their own mother for a GC."

]@JoeF: This bill ma

kes things worse for lots of people. That has nothing to do with "not liking" a bill.

It has to do with a bill actively harming people. That's just not acceptable.

I am all for a bill helping you guys, but not at the expense of screwing over other immigrants.

As of June 2011 Visa Inventory:

1. There are 122,112 number of EB3 primary applicants.
  2. Out of which 44,733 are from EB3-ROW
  3. 3,811 are from China
  4. 57,119 are from India
  5. 7,051 are from Mexico
  6. 9,398 are from Philippines

It very obvious from the numbers that demands from EB3-I exceeds than the demands from EB3-ROW. You are talking about fairness in the Bill. How in the world is it fair to have 2800 annual visa numbers for EB3-I, whereas the same number of Visas are allocated to each EB3-ROW countries? When it is unfair to EB3-I (under the current scenario), then it is fair in your eyes. As long as EB3-ROW gets the visa, and EB3-I suffer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of June 2011 Visa Inventory:

1. There are 122,112 number of EB3 primary applicants.
  2. Out of which 44,733 are from EB3-ROW
  3. 3,811 are from China
  4. 57,119 are from India
  5. 7,051 are from Mexico
  6. 9,398 are from Philippines

It very obvious from the numbers that demands from EB3-I exceeds than the demands from EB3-ROW. You are talking about fairness in the Bill. How in the world is it fair to have 2800 annual visa numbers for EB3-I, whereas the same number of Visas are allocated to each EB3-ROW countries? When it is unfair to EB3-I (under the current scenario), then it is fair in your eyes. As long as EB3-ROW gets the visa, and EB3-I suffer.

It may not be fair, but that is still no excuse to screw others. It is not hard to understand.

Unfairness for EB3-India does not mean that you have any right to force unfairness on others.

As has been mentioned before, a much better way would be to increase the quota and/or take dependents out of the quota numbers.

That would solve your problem without screwing others over.

JoeF since you admit it is unfair for EB3 - I, if you were in shoes of EB2 I/C or EB3 I/C than you would have a different opinion. It is simply about protecting your needs. You can call it selfish for either side (ROW or I/C/M/P) and you can call it screwing either side as well.

As for tea party, I see this more as occupy wall street (99% vs rest), May be in this case it is 70% vs rest. I do not have time for data analysis but look up inventory numbers for some judgment, I may be wrong on exact numbers but pretty sure that majority lies with India, China, Mexico & philipines.

It is occupy wall street and tea party who bring up points that need debate so nothing wrong with it, atleast they do not strike like in France where person would be struck at the airport if you land up on the wrong day. What we are having here is a passionate debate and thats what a truely active democracy should be.

Agreed. But you are in the same August league --- you have been and want to continue to screw others (read I/C) for your own benefit ... to maintain a fast lane quota for your countrymen.

Huh?

What kind of allegation is that?

I want to get improvements for all immigrants.

It is not that hard to understand. See the word "all"? Look it up in a dictionary, please, and stop your baseless allegations. Thank you.

Huh?

What kind of allegation is that?

I want to get improvements for all immigrants.

It is not that hard to understand. See the word "all"? Look it up in a dictionary, please, and stop your baseless allegations. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind wishes. But know what -- there is a huge gap between what you want and what you do. What you are doing now is favoring a system which is screwing I/C . That's what we can see,

I can see both sides of the argument and both are true to a degree.

HR.3012 as it stands will slow it down for all immigrants and whether this is right or wrong depends on what one thinks the goal of the USCIS should be. Is it to ensure a diverse immigrant population or is it to ensure fair immigration processing with respect to wait times?

The former is a slippery slope. Can you really ensure exact diversity in your immigrant class? Not unless you encourage people from countries that are underrepresented in the immigrant population to actively seek permanent residence in the US.

Fair immigration processing is extremely hard when the incoming class is overwhelmingly dominated by one or two countries and its impossible to maintain the right incentives.

Ultimately the only thing that does make sense is to make immigration policy purely based on merit and the skills in demand.

JoeF since you admit it is unfair for EB3 - I, if you were in shoes of EB2 I/C or EB3 I/C than you would have a different opinion.

No, I wouldn't.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

There are other ways to fix the problem, e.g., by increasing the quota or taking dependents out of the quota.

This bill is wrong, no matter what. It screws over one group of people for another group. That is akin to selling your own mother for the GC.

@chakrakr

I appreciate if you would stop misrepresenting my opposition to this bill. If you do that again, I consider it malice.

I have stated lots of times that the EB-India backlogs are bad. But that does not, never, excuse screwing over others.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This bill is wrong, plain and simple. Hitting people over the head to get ahead in the line yourself is wrong.

What needs to be done to fix the backlogs is to increase the quota and take dependents out of the quota numbers. That would solve the problem without screwing other immigrants.

So, again, stop misrepresenting my position.

It may not be fair, but that is still no excuse to screw others. It is not hard to understand.

Unfairness for EB3-India does not mean that you have any right to force unfairness on others.

As has been mentioned before, a much better way would be to increase the quota and/or take dependents out of the quota numbers.

That would solve your problem without screwing others over.

So that is your verdict that let EB3-I suffers, as long as EB3-ROW prospers. Any way your verdict is not going to stop HR3012 in becoming a law.

Any way how is that if we will put it the other way.

It (HR3012) may not be fair, but that is still no excuse to screw others (EB3-I). It is not hard to understand.

Unfairness for EB3-ROW does not mean that you have any right to force unfairness on EB3-I.

So instead of fighting, have a sip of coffee and enjoy your life.

Archived