Vancouver stamping on Dec28th, H1B, EVC Model

sri.sachin24

Hi

I am going to h1b renewal stamping to vancouver, CA on dec 28th, 2011 .. Please let me know if anyone is going there on that day ..

I was following murthy forums from past few days for EVC model candidates and I felt vancouver is better and tijuana is also ok. Nobody posted negative news at vancouver, hope it stays like that..

Thanks,

Sri

Please let me know if anyone is willing to share hotel expenses etc.. I will be going to vancouver on 27th dec for visa stamping.

Also, while going on visitors visa, should we buy to and fro flight tkt because I am not sure how much time it will take to get my passport . So I am planning to buy one-way tickets while going and returning back.. Usually at port of entry, they will ask return tickets for visitors visa in USA.. I am not sure if its the same case in canada.. Please advice..

Thanks,

Sri

Hi guys,

I am appearing on Dec 22 at Vancouver. I have a question, does change of client require H1-B amendment if place of current work differs from original petition. I got my H1B extension with client A and now I am with client B, if I appear for visa stamping, will Amendment be one of the items they require from us?

Thanks.

Hi Indiaeb2,

previously when they asked such question abt new client, showing new LCA would have been sufficient. I am not sure if the rules changed recently. You have to contact your lawyer abt that.

On a side note, I read in the forums that 8 people who went to calgary got admin processing yesterday. Calgary was fine until last week, but suddenly it took a U-turn.. So anybody going to Vancouver, I request them to please post their experiences after your interview..

Thanks,

Srikanth

HI,

I have my interview also scheduled in Jan so please post your experience at Vancouver it would be help full for other because one by one the consulates are turning tough so will be help full if next ones want to change or thing about it..

Please do post your experience....it plays a lot..

Thanks

Please let me know if anyone is willing to share hotel expenses etc.. I will be going to vancouver on 27th dec for visa stamping.

Also, while going on visitors visa, should we buy to and fro flight tkt because I am not sure how much time it will take to get my passport . So I am planning to buy one-way tickets while going and returning back.. Usually at port of entry, they will ask return tickets for visitors visa in USA.. I am not sure if its the same case in canada.. Please advice..

Thanks,

Sri

Hi sri.sachin2,

I have appointment coming up on Dec 22. I am not sure of my return date there as 26,27 are holidays and from forums here I read that it takes 3 days to get PassPort back. Send me your email so that we can stay in touch. My email is v.vongala@ gm@ail dot com

Thanks.

Hi Indiaeb2,

previously when they asked such question abt new client, showing new LCA would have been sufficient. I am not sure if the rules changed recently. You have to contact your lawyer abt that.

On a side note, I read in the forums that 8 people who went to calgary got admin processing yesterday. Calgary was fine until last week, but suddenly it took a U-turn.. So anybody going to Vancouver, I request them to please post their experiences after your interview..

Thanks,

Srikanth

Hi sri.sachin24, Could you please let me know whether u did amendment or not? I am also in the same boat..

Hi

I am going to h1b renewal stamping to vancouver, CA on dec 28th, 2011 .. Please let me know if anyone is going there on that day ..

I was following murthy forums from past few days for EVC model candidates and I felt vancouver is better and tijuana is also ok. Nobody posted negative news at vancouver, hope it stays like that..

Thanks,

Sri

Hey Sri

I'm also coming on 27th. i have an appointment on 28th. Lets share the contacts predictme2@y****.**.**

thanks

mujju

HI,

Here is consolidation of dates for ppl having interview in december..

Dec 22nd-----indiaeb2

Dec 28th------machoman

Dec 29th------sri.sachin

Dec 29th------vanc29

Guys please post here Your experience once you are done with your interview...and any other people who have interviews in decemeber/January..please lets share the information here..

Thanks

Hey, I am Srinivas, I am planning to go Canada for first time stamping (F1-H1 & E-V-C).

I am working in St Louis, can I block my Visa date in Vancouver ?? will it be a issue?? because Toronto or Ottawa will be near to my location, so will they ask any questions like why did you come Vancouver for stamping?

Please reply me, so that I can block my Visa date in Feb 1st week

HI Blaze548,

You can attend in Vancouver....they wont ask like that even they ask you can say you visited some frnds in seattle ...i used to have the same question too when i started thinking abt the stamping in canada but that wont be the case...you are free to choose any consulate of your choice..

Thanks

Everybody got visa's. around 15 members got their visas on 28th and 29th. all of us were asked basic question, nobody was asked to provide single document other than Ds160, passport, i 797.

my questions:

who is ur employer

how long u have been with this company

did u work on opt before

what is ur job title

what is ur role

which university

which degee

visa is approved, it may take 3 business days

Sri11,

I went to visa on dec 28th also.. almost 90% of them are EVC model only .. and they asked same questions for everyone. One guy was delayed because of PIMS verification, he got delayed by 1 day. Usually PIMS verification is taking 1 or max 2 days in canada.. So either ways u need not worry, it may take a day more if u hav pims verification.

Good Luck,

Sri

I have appoitment scheduled in Vancouver on jan 23 monday(h1b renewal - first stamping in done chennai). can someone shed some light about PIMS verification process.

if possible . pls provide the email address and steps to verify the same before appoitment date.

I have master degree , but not from US universites. Is it advisable to go vancouver bc without US master Degree . I work for sei level 5 company and not come under EVC model -

Any suggestions apprciated at this moment. Thanks in Adv

Archived