Are full time employees also getting 221g?

rarora

- Want opinion from full time employees in well known US companies getting 221g?

- Name is not a common name

- Employer is in healthcare industry

What is the reason the full time employees of US companies getting 221g? If their name is not a common name.

If we carry all the relevant documents from employer, are there still chances for 221g?

- Want opinion from full time employees in well known US companies getting 221g?

- Name is not a common name

- Employer is in healthcare industry

What is the reason the full time employees of US companies getting 221g? If their name is not a common name.

If we carry all the relevant documents from employer, are there still chances for 221g?

multipe rerasons.

You might read neufield memo, parts 1 and 2 on murthy forum of 221g issues with people visiting indian consulates.

If you discuss with your attorney through your employer, the atty can at least tell you the probability and how long it might take.

Neufield memo seems to be more applicable if you switch jobs or if I-140 process is not started and you request 7th year extension.

My husband is working for same employer since past 3 years and the same employer filed the Labor and I-140 as well.

In our case, our H1b 6 year period was completed in June 2010. We got 3 year H1b visa extension till 2013 as we have approved I-140 under Eb2 category.

So as per my understanding neufield memo won't be applicable to us.

Our attorney is pretty conservative and he is indicating not to travel unless absolutely needed. We are in a rocking boat, don't know what to do.....attorney is saying not to travel. HR is saying we should be ok...maximum it would take 2-4 weeks for the 221g to clear up. Our tickets are booked and kids are all excited to meet everyone in India.

Don't want to make everyone upset in India, but don't want to take big risk as well. Any inputs are welcome.

I am a full time employee of a mid size company and got a 221G when I attended the Visa interview on 31st Oct in Hyderabad. It got approved 3 1/2 weeks after I sent my response to their query. Expect the worst and hope for the best :)

If you don't mind sharing, What was the query for you?

• 1 month later...

rarora,

You haven't mentioned your specific area of work. If you are a software/IT professional working as a direct employee of your company (even if the company is in healthcare), you should have very low risk. However if your work is related to bio technology or any area of research, then you may be subject to 221g that's related to Technology security. That process involve background checks and clearances and typically takes 4-8 weeks to get done.

If you don't mind sharing, What was the query for you?

Nothing in specific. During the interview they asked about my education and then about my job profile. At the end he picked out a white sheet ( he had a whole bunch of them on his desk) and asked me to respond to an email that he had just sent. In the email they needed my CV and response to a Questionnaire (read from other users that it is a standard template). I got the Visa approved within 3 1/2 weeks from the date of submission of my response. Till date not sure what the reason for the query was...!!

I am a full time employee with a reputable technology company. Have a Masters from the US. Never heard of 221g before nor I know of any friend who got one. I did not get any color slip during the interview, but got an email after a few days that my application is under admin processing 221g, and I assumed my visa was on the way. Is this common?

Are 221g s being handed out to Healthcare and Chemical company employees?I can see lots of cases where pharma and chemical employees have been handed 221g s.

People who have been asked about their research are probably TAL check cases and have been stamped in 3-4 weeks.

Other cases where its just admin processing with no documents asked are taking longer.

Any idea what is the timeline for such cases?

• 2 months later...

Archived