Passport submission request but still administrative processing not compelted

rasheed1011

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed in most of the cases.... Consulate issuing visa before 30 days of submission of questionnaire and resume.... I have submitted my docs on 21st nov. waiting for December 21st with lot of hopes.

@rasheed1011.

This is my case.

H1-B interview date : 24th aug 2011

Visa approved : 24th aug 2011 and submit the passport to V.O

Received 221(g) blue doc: 11th nov2011 ;after 11 weeks

Documents submitted : 14 th Nov 2011

on 23 rd nov 2011 : got a call from U.S Consulate ,chennai and asked when did i submit the passport?(for confirmation)

on 7th Dec2011: got a call from U.S Consulate ,chennai and asked when did i submit the passport?(for confirmation)

In Detail:

on 24 th aug 2011, V.O told me that my visa was approved and I submitted the passport.After that,My case went into adminstrative processing.

Received 221(g) blue doc: 11th nov2011,asking to submit DS-160 form along with passport.

I went to VFS,Chennai on 14th nov 2011 and submitted DS-160 form ,one letter addressing to U.S CONSULATE ,Chennai that my passport is with them.

Still I am waiting for the reply and passport.

I am really scaring on my case. Is there any hope on my case.

@kiran9,

Your case is totally different from all of us here. I am not sure whats going on with your passport... first glance at ur case give a scring feeling of misplaced passport by consulate. Please call VFS and inquire with them mentioning two calls received from consulate regarding passport wherabouts. hopefully they can help you. SInce the VO told ur visa is approved.... we sncerely hope

@Royal,

please do not loose hope... wait atleast 30days after submitting ur passport.... we have people here who have submitted their passports around mid of november and are still waiting patiently and optimistically.

it will take some time to get ur stamped passport back.. but do not expect an overnight reply... patience is virtue my friend.

@royal...

Consulate is in holidays mood now... So expect significant delays in replies and decisions till mid January.

We havent heard of a single 221g case being resolved in the month of December @hyd consulate. Most of the people at consulate will be on long vacation with their families. Hopefully new year will bring us lot joy , good news and luck.

I was interviewd in last week of Sept.

Got 221g and submitted on oct 18th.

Got email in nov last week to attend intw again with passport.

Attended on dec 2nd and without any questions they asked me to submit my passport at VFS and said i will get in 3 days.

After contacting vfs several times, they say my case is in administrative processing..

So my patience level is declining and helpless.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived