new H1B Interview @Hyderabad,Withdrawal Procedure for the old one - pending in chennai

lakshma

Hello All,

I have a new h1b visa interview on 22nd Nov at Hyderabad(direct EC Model). My old one was pending( not rejected nor sent back to USCIS) with 221G Blue( For H1B Amendment), since June 21. I sent an email to Chennai,NIV to withdraw my old visa application before going for new one., but they are asking me to come to chennai in person for the withdrawal procedure.

I got the following response. Guys/Gals any one been in this situation? Is it mandatory to withdraw the old one?will there be any problem if i don;t withdraw and directly go for new interview at Hyd?

I also heard that , VO's are asking us to sign against the previous employer, during the withdrawal procedure.. ..

Please share your expreriences regarding this.

Dear Sir

This is in response to your inquiry. We note from your email that you wish to withdraw your H1B visa application pending with us. You may come in person to the US Consulate, Chennai on Thursday November 17, 2011 at 2.00 p.m, with the listed documents.

i. Passport

ii. 221g letter that was given to you

iii. Copy of your DS160 confirmation sheet

iv. Petition documents (I 797, I 129 & LCA) in original

Please bring a copy of this email when you appear in person at the Consulate.

Thanks

Sincerely

Consular Information Unit

American Consulate General

Chennai 600006, India

Telephone: 91 44 2857 4242

Fax: 91 44 2811 2027

Email : infouschennai@vfshelpline.com

Interview Date:June 21st, 2011( 2nd H1 - in 6th yr now)

Model:EVC(Employer- small desi company)

Emp size:3

Given 221g blue slip asking for the Amended Petition due to change in client location( VO said that Updated LCA is not enough), copy of the petition, client letter & contracts and the work itinary and my w2 and tax forms.

----------------

My Old case:221G Blue

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/13297-221g-blue-chennai-may-tracker/page__st__20

Applied for H1B Amendment on June 29th, 2011.

H1B Amendment Approved on: July 11th

Docs Sumbmitted: 21st july,2011 without PP.

Docs Reached: 25th july,2011

• 2 months later...

Lakshma,

I may be wrong but as what i know - you need not withdraw ur earlier petation to go for this h1b interview. you are suppose to withdraw the earlier h1 petation only if you going for a different visa like f1 and h4 cos the travel intent will not be clear since ur previous h1 is still pending...

In your case i dont see any issues cos its same category of visa - best is check with your atteorny..

Archived