India Family Green Card: Why so long queue?

Friends - I have a question regarding Indian family Green Card (GC). I am 40+ Indian, divorced, live in US and planning to marry someone from India. However, I am frustrated to see the loooong queue for India family GC. As I see, except for men of poor luck like me, everyone comes to US using H1/L1, and brings wife in H4/L2. Later when they apply Green Card through employer, they apply for spouse. And to my knowledge the spouse GC also goes with employer GC queue. So they do not impact family GC queue. Why then the queue for family GC for India is so punishingly long? Who consumes these? And why does it move rather crawl so slowly? I see it is now moving only 1 month per monthly bulletin from INS.

Can anyone of you please throw some ray of hope on this hapless person? Tentatively when will I be able to bring her to US? My would-be wife is not professionally qualified to come with H1/L1. I thank you in advance.

What are you complaining about? India is at the same pace as the rest of the world. The only country with an extra wait is Mexico and they are not far behind.

GC holder's spouses are in a "preference visa" category and there is a limited number of such visas. It has been that way since 1965. The controlling factor is volume of people seeking such visas.

Please read the Visa Bulletin's explanatory material. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

To be placed on the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, please send an E-mail to the following E-mail address:

listserv@calist.state.gov

and in the message body type:

Subscribe Visa-Bulletin First name/Last name

(example: Subscribe Visa-Bulletin Sally Doe)

Archived