Rules for canceling visa appointment

snehalk

Hi All,

I am planning to travel to India towards the end of the month. I was looking for appointment dates for an interview in Mumbai. The dates that I want don't seem to be available in Mumbai. But there are some that are available in New Delhi. I was thinking of at least booking the appointment in New Delhi. My question is, does anyone have any experience canceling and rescheduling an appointment at a different location ? Do you need to fill DS160 again ? Do you need to pay the visa fees again ?

Thanks for your input.

Snehal

Below is from the vfs website:

You can cancel your appointment only two times. After the second cancellation your HDFC Visa Fee Receipt is deactivated for 90 calendar days. You will not be able to book another appointment until the 90 days have passed.

You can cancel your visa interview appointment up to two business days before your appointment unless your interview appointment is scheduled at the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai. If your appointment is at the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai you can cancel your appointment up to four business days before the appointment

Were you able to get a date in Mumbai? I am trying from the last three days but no dates are showing up at all??

Archived