Difference between L1-Blanket vs L1-Individual

NewUserItsMe

My L1-B for XYZ company got rejected last year and got L1-Individual stamping this year from the same XYZ company.

1) "What is Difference between L1-Blanket vs L1-Individual " ?

2) " L1 Individual is legal work permit for me to work only for XYZ company in US or any other company in US (which has similar technology/products) " ?

3) " Can a ABC company employ me in US using this L1- Individual visa " ?

Please enlighten me regarding this.

There are various differences between the Blanket and the Individual L-1. But, this mainly has to do with the application process. For the individual employee working under L-1 status, whether they use an individual petition or a Blanket, it will not have much of an impact on them personally.

A person in L-1 status may only work for the petitioner (or, if the employee enters under the company's Blanket, they may transfer to a qualifying company listed on the Blanket.)

Any L non-immigrant visa is dependent on a pre-existing employment relationship (one year within the past three years). You mention that it was refused earlier and granted later, was it a matter of not having worked for the employer long enough the first time around? Was it for some other reason? You mention L1-B which is for specialized knowledge, was the earlier refusal based on that?

Your story could be instructive to others.

Archived