Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

I-130, G-325A, I-485

Recommended Posts


I have been on a H1B, always in status and in working in the US for a little over 5 years now. During this time my employer filed the papers for my GC processing and I have had an approved I-140 for about 3 years now.

I recently got married to a US Citizen and we are filing out the forms for the F2A process.

I do not have any intention to end my Employment based process or give up on my H1B for reasons I cannot openly discuss here.

Issue -

The I-130, G-325A and I-485 forms have a field that request me (the alien) to enter the "A" number.


1. What is the use of this field?

2. Since I have an approved I-140, I do have an A-number; but given my intention to keep the family/employment processes separate - should I enter that number in these forms?

3. What if I do not enter it despite having the A-number - would this put either of the processes in jeopardy?

Thanks in advance for your time and attention..

Awaiting your responses..


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this