Travel and Reentry permit for a GC holder

Dear JoeF and Pontevecchio,

Me and my wife got our green cards on 12th Aug 2010 and my wife left to India in Nov 2010 for vacation with our 5 months old twins. She came back to US on March 31 2011 and again left to India due to some family issues on 11 April 2011.Her presence is still required for her family till march 2012.As 180 days are nearing now she wanted to come to US on 1 October and stay couple of weeks and go back to india.My question is ,will there be any problem at the immigration when she comes back to USA in the month of March 2012 without any repermit.Do you guys suggests us to apply reentry permit when she comes to US on 1 October 2011.Please advice.

please consult a lawyer.

she might be questioned but it should not be an issue. it is best to apply re-entry permit once she returns to US to bring with her on her next trip. please note that is is still not a guarantee that she can return without problems even with re-entry permit as her stay is very minimal in the US since she became LPR.

Originally posted by venvin:

Dear JoeF and Pontevecchio,

Me and my wife got our green cards on 12th Aug 2010 and my wife left to India in Nov 2010 for vacation with our 5 months old twins. She came back to US on March 31 2011 and again left to India due to some family issues on 11 April 2011.Her presence is still required for her family till march 2012.As 180 days are nearing now she wanted to come to US on 1 October and stay couple of weeks and go back to india.My question is ,will there be any problem at the immigration when she comes back to USA in the month of March 2012 without any repermit.Do you guys suggests us to apply reentry permit when she comes to US on 1 October 2011.Please advice.

Hi Joe and Pontevecchio,

I am sorry for confusing you with my question.Me and my wife are still together and we are very happy with our lovely kids.She is in india due to some health issues with her grand mother.She loves her grand mother and she is taking care of her.

Thanks,

Venvin

Archived