H1 Stamping - Chennai

chakky4ever

Hi,

I am planning to go India and get stamped on September 26, 2011. I have these following questions and i need the experts advice here

1. I work for a small company (14 employees) and I am a full time employee from Nov 2008. My Labor(EB2) and I-140 got approved and also i got the three years extension but I am the first H1 employee in my company, what are the issues I will have when i go for stamping since this is the first time chennai consulate is going to stamp for my company which is new to them? My Visa Stamping holds the previous employer and it expired on Sep 25, 2010.

2. What are the additional documents i need to carry since my company is new to them?

2. Also when i tried to book the date for H1-B stamping it asks

"Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

My Visa expired on Sep 25, 2010. Since I am going on Sep 26, 2010 I won't be able to select the renewal criteria. Is that make a difference if i go in the renewal criteria if so I can prep-one by trip?

Thanks in Advance....

If you are the only H1 person in a 14 member team, then it is a good thing. That means your employer is not H1 dependent.

I think, renewal is slightly better than new one. But don't know why, thats why they say that if you falsify renewal info, the interview will be deferred by 90 days.

It is better to carry lot of employer related info for your case, like

Photographs of your office.

co-worker references.

Project info

Financial status.

Employee Verification letter.

and anything that shows the existing of your company and your attachment to it.

@chakky4ever

Since it is a small company I assume it is privately held and they may not be ok to disclose company financials. But it is good to have it since it is a small company of 14 or so.

You can requested the HR to give a sealed envelope with the financial result (or w2). If the VO does not use it then you will give the sealed envelope back.

I don't think it matters if you are the first H1b to the company or not. What generally matters is the percentage of H1b in the company.

Archived