i 485 approval notice received on Jun 10. No CPO/physical card yet. JoeF,Belle is that normal?

gcwait101

Originally posted by srnn123:

See if this helps

EB2 Category

May 24 2006: PD

May 4th 2011: 485 Approval. Online Status :Post decision for self. Decision for spouse

May 7th 2011: Welcome letter for self and Approval notice for spouse. The two letters were different. One said the card will be mailed soon and the other said it is apporved and we will be getting a letter soon.

QUOTE]

---------

Hi Mate,

After reading these threads i am a little confused as in what is a welcome letter and what is a approval letter. I got a welcome letter in mail informing that my case is approved and should expect my green card in 3weeks time. My current status on USCIS website is Post decision activity. So would be expecting another approval notice ? and how is a normal wait for the physical card to be recieved: Approved date : 20th July 2011; NSC, EB2

any advice or help is highly appreciated.

cheers

Please see below. First letter is for primary applicant and the other is for spouse. So the two letters and online statuses were different.

In our case, we both got our cards on the same day about 10 weeks after receipt of below approval letters. An infopass appointment after 60 days helped - the status changed to card production couple of days after the appointment. For some reason one of the card production status went back to post decision a day before receiving the cards. Hope this information helps.

Best wishes!

Letter one

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Letter Two

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi Friends,

My 485 approved July 12, 2011. No GC yet.

I took infopass, IO said TSC is waiting for biometrics. I have not received Notice for biometrics yet. Is anyone facing similar situation ?

What other action would prompt them to mail the biometrics notice.

Thanks

Originally posted by R185Sel:

Hi Friends,

My 485 approved July 12, 2011. No GC yet.

I took infopass, IO said TSC is waiting for biometrics. I have not received Notice for biometrics yet. Is anyone facing similar situation ?

What other action would prompt them to mail the biometrics notice.

Thanks

I was informed the same when I appeared for Infopass early this week. But the officer printed out the biometrics appointment for me right at that moment. And I went for the biometrics the very next day and now hoping CPO be triggered.

Friends,

Please help me out with a newbie question

What is the difference between an approval letter, a welcome letter and CPO email ?

In what order are these letters/emails expected to be recieved ?

My PD just became current on Aug 1 (EB2-India, NSC). My I-485 was filed in Aug 2007

and has been pre-adjudicated. In what order should I expect to recieve these letters/emails ?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I created SR and got response back that TSC is waiting for my biometrics. So far it is more than 60 days of my approval but did not get biometrics appoinment yet. Took infopass at Newark field office but officer told me that they do not make any appoinments. Looks like wait game starts again :))))

@gcwait01, jintax and other friends,

I am in the same position. My 485 was approved on July 6th and a I received a letter yesterday (in response to my SR) that TSC is waiting for my biometrics. The letter also mentioned that due to backlogs, it might take upto 60 days for the appointment to be scheduled.

I was told that biometrics are not needed after (i-485 approval; I had given mine in 2008)

Questions:

a) How long does it take to get a biometrics appointment?

b) Can I call and request for a biometrics appointment?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks,

-Raj

Originally posted by gcwait101:

Hemant Garg, If you do not mind can you tell me which uscis office you went for infopass for biometrics.We went to Newark,NJ but officer told us they are not making any biometrics appoinment at all.

I went to ASC in Alexandria, VA. I think it depends on where you live. Do you know if USCIS needs your biometrics? If they don't, may be thats way they aren't issuing the appointment notice.

I took another Infopass yesterday. I explained that I have received neither the card nor the biometrics notice 45 days after the 485 approval notice.

IO sent an email to TSC and asked me to wait two weeks and call them. He gave me his email reference number. I will wait for two more weeks.

Archived