applying for a GREENCARD FOR MY MIL

HI,

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE US CITIZENS, WE WOULD LIKE TO BRING MY MIL AND SPONSER A GREEN CARD FOR HER. HER B1/B2 VISA EXPIRES IN END OF JAN 2012. IS IT GOOD FOR US TO BRING HER IN BEFORE JAN AND APPLY FOR ADJ OF STATUS AR WAIT TO LET HER VISA EXPIRE AND THE APPLY FOR A FRESH B1/B2 AND THEN HAVE HER COME IN AND THEN APPLY FOR ADJ OF STATUS. SHE HAS A CHRONIC ILLNESS WILL THAT AFFECT HER GC PROCESSING???

THANKS FOR UR HELP

Firstly for parents, the easiest route (based on my experience only) is to let them stay abroad and you apply for them and they finish consular processing abroad for the GC

This way there is no risk of dual intent and all those inferences when processing her case

Regarding chronic illness, it may not be a problem

Only some major conditions that are contagious are barred for GC applicants

Remember though that for a person with chronic illness, getting medical insurance in USA would either be tough or extremely expensive

All the best

You are aware that it will be pretty much impossible for her to get health insurance, do you? So you would have to pay for her treatment out-of-pocket. I hope you have enough savings for that. It can easily go in the 6-figure range...

Further, it is a bad idea to come here as visitor and then have an I-130/I-485 filed. That looks like immigration fraud.

Archived