Originally posted by saif007:

@pinkpinch, @hari2, @srikaronh1

Any update guys? No change at my end.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pinkpinch: Exactly 7 months now!

@srikaronh1: Thanks for the update!

@nasir221g: I don't understand why they needed to do an administrative processing of your 4 year old? Makes no sense at all. I hope your wife gets her visa soon.

@25 Sep: Thanks for the update.

@aeromax: Yes, they asked me my CV and had to address 4 specific questions regarding my research work and experience. I got my visa after 5-6 weeks (1.5 months).

Ok, so as of now I have tried and tested all of the following routes, but without any luck. I hope this agonizing ordeal ends soon.

1. Contacted the Embassy/Consulate (I emailed them and got the same answer every time - "Pending").

2. Contacted the DOS (got the same answer as what the consulate told me - "Pending").

3. Contacted an attorney (I tried through my company lawyers and still got the same answer - "Pending").

4. Contacted my local Congressman and state Senator (got the same answer again - "Pending").

5. Last option ... wait! :(

Originally posted by Ranjit7714:

Hi all

i have got my H1B stamped in Aug 2011 hyd consulate. mine has cleared 211g admin processing and got visa with in 1 month.

i am planning to travel to USA in Mid of Sep

now i am planning to send my wife for her H4 visa stamping. i do not have any pay stubs to submit, as i have not yet travel to USA after stamping

i need your suggestions is it wise enough to send her for H4 stamping now or do i need to wait till we get some pay stubs working in USA.

i was there in USA till 2009 DEC and present applied for new H1b and got successful stamping after 221g admin processing

any suggestions reg questions that will be asked at time of interview are very valuable

thanks

Hi Ranjit,

I am in the same boat as you were. I got my H1B stamped on Dec 2010 and May2011 got married. Now i am planning to go for my wife's H4 stamping. As i have not joined US company yet, i do not have US pay stub.

Please also suggest me which consulate i should go for H4 stamping. If you can provide your contact number so that i can discuss with you my case in detail.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Akhilesh

srikaronh1

You need to call them and explain the situation. In my case my son is US citizen and he took VISA to india and his VISA was expring.VISA officer said VISA is issued @ counter and they retained my passport. SO i told them passport was retained for no reason, no slip, no case number VO told me i will get my passport in 1 week. That's what i told them

• 2 weeks later...

my wife case:

H4 visa interview on 9 August

Passport retained

No documents asked

Case status on web site : pending

Its 7 weeks we are still waiting.

That time I was ther in india, now I am in USA working with Big 4.

Dont know how long we will have to wait for H4.

My kid got h4 in same visa interview.

No BioTech background.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Finally got the good news from Consulate.

My wife received mail today to submit her passport in VFS.

Interview : 16 May in Hyd(Got 221G)

Docs Submitted: 18 May

Hopefully end of 127 Days frustration.

Hi Srikaronh1:

How many days did they take to return the passport after you submitted the passport?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

My wife is planning to attend H4 soon in mumbai. What docs she has to carry apart from my 797, 129 and w2's. I am working in contracting model E-V-C. Does she need to carry letters from vendor and client rightaway? Also I dont have stamping on my passport. Will there be extra scrutinity?

Please Let me know. Appreciate your response.

Hi guys,

I went to visa interview on 13th october and was given white slip. I was asked to email some documents and I sent them through email by 15th. I have couple of questions:

a) Do I need to personally drop in the documents again with VFS?

b) When I check the status (US consulate hyderabad), it says 'docs submitted : 13th october" "response date :N/A". What is this response date? Also it says, your case is currently under pending process. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

-W

my wife case:

H4 visa interview on 9 August

Passport retained

No documents asked

Case status on web site : pending

Its 7 weeks we are still waiting.

That time I was ther in india, now I am in USA working with Big 4.

Dont know how long we will have to wait for H4.

My kid got h4 in same visa interview.

No BioTech background.

Aditih,

I am in similiar situation like your wife. I appeared for H4 interview in New delhi embassy on August 9th and was not asked for any docs. I didnt get my passpot even though VO said my visa is approved. Its been more than 9 weeks for me and still no reply /communication fom them. How did you get to know that the passport is ready. Any idea on how long I will need to wait?

Hi Guys,

My wife is planning to attend H4 soon in mumbai. What docs she has to carry apart from my 797, 129 and w2's. I am working in contracting model E-V-C. Does she need to carry letters from vendor and client rightaway? Also I dont have stamping on my passport. Will there be extra scrutinity?

Please Let me know. Appreciate your response.

@ag6647 - Of course she needs to carry all the docs especially the letters from Vendor and Client. Do not expect it to be a smooth process, be prepared for a tuff scruitiny ahead. As per my research in the past few weeks, it is taking extremely long time for people working in contracting model to get H4 visas. Do not take any chance add your tax returns for the past 2 years, Bank statements for the past 6 months and pay stubs for the past 6 months to your docs list. This will help a lot for the visa officer to verify your case quickly. Wish you all the best and keep posted about your status.

Hi guys,

I went to visa interview on 13th october and was given white slip. I was asked to email some documents and I sent them through email by 15th. I have couple of questions:

a) Do I need to personally drop in the documents again with VFS?

b) When I check the status (US consulate hyderabad), it says 'docs submitted : 13th october" "response date :N/A". What is this response date? Also it says, your case is currently under pending process. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

-vishwa

workanolic,

What documents did you send to them?. I see you got a white slip. When people get this white slip usually they receive an email from the consulate with a questonaire attached to it. Responding to all applicable questions in that questionaire is enough. You dont need to drop any documents at VFS.And did the consulate officer keep your passport with him or did he give it back to you?.

Also it says, your case is currently under pending process. Is this normal?

Yes this is the same message every visa applicant gets when he trys to check his status online with the case number the consulate gives them.But behind the scene the processing will be different for each case.Not all cases are the same.

Hi amohd,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was sent an email asking me to respond to a questionnaire, which asked about my research background (resume, invitation letter, publication list etc). I responded to that email.

My passport is being kept by visa officer. Its been more than 3 weeks ...

I am hoping I hear some news soon.

Thanks,

workaholic.

Thanks for the update workaholic.My wife and couple of other people on this forum are also in the same situation. Its 5th week for my wife and still there is no update from the consulate. Hope fully we should hear soon. Please keep us posted about the progress of your case.

Hi,

Finally I got my passport with Visa stamped today.

Intrv Date : 10MAY2011(got 221g, docs req)

Docs submitted : 25th MAY 2011 (thru courier)

Again Docs submitted: 28th July 2011(personally)

passport submitted: 01st AUG 2011

recieved Passport : 05th AUG 2011.

My case number always show as incorrect only till today.

All the best guys...

Hello

Where did you gofor interview? Bombay or HYD?

Archived