Greencard for wife thru her sister while we are in US

Hi

I am on H1 visa while my wife is on H4. Her sister is a US citizen. I heard that if she applies for a i130 for her while we are in the US we can get the GC in a couple of years.

I know for US citizens to sponsor married sister the PD is 2000 but someone told me as we are already in the US we can get it much faster.

Is it true? If so how?

Thanks

No. You get in the back of a very long line.

Why on earth would you think your job in the US would give you the right to displace people who have been patiently waiting for years. Your arrogance is unbelievable!!!! You must maintain legal status during your entire wait time since illegal presence is not forgiven for siblings.

Originally posted by broncos222:

Hi

I am on H1 visa while my wife is on H4. Her sister is a US citizen. I heard that if she applies for a i130 for her while we are in the US we can get the GC in a couple of years.

I know for US citizens to sponsor married sister the PD is 2000 but someone told me as we are already in the US we can get it much faster.

Is it true?

No. Don't listen to rumors.

The wait is 11 years. And the I-130 does NOT give you any immigration rights.

So, if your currently allowed stay expires in less than 11 years, you will have to leave the country and wait abroad for the PD to become current.

Archived