H4 - Chennai 221g Pink Slip

mnaghman

Hi All

My wife is my cousin and we are related to each other.

My wife went for H4 renewal yesterday and was asked stupid questions. she had all documents which were legitimate.

so after all the questions - the VO said "Cousin marriages are not allowed in the US and we have to talk to folks in DC before we make a decision on ur case..we will contact you soon."

Has anybody went through this? No pink blue slip.

The VO said we will contact you soon - reason being - cousin marriage.

Any advise.

Open Homeland Security website

While going through this forum, I came across a website called "Open Homeland Security" that is managed by the US Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) through an independent third party agency - IdeaScale. As you can see, the "221g Administrative Processing" has been voted as the #1 issue faced by majority of visa-seekers. I would highly suggest voting for it, so that DHS takes note of this and at some point resolves this issue so that such 221g applications are processed within a fixed time-frame rather than the "no time-frame" policy in place right now.

[This message was edited by Admin on September 20, 2011 at 06:58 AM.]

Hi,

My wife has gone for a H4 visa stamping on 11th Oct... At the end of intv, she was given a white form where in they checked the box which indicated,, they would be sending in few Questions to her mail and she needs to respond back to those Questions.... and they held back passport... they didnot return the passport to her....

But to my surprise these Questions are no way related to me or her H4 visa... but seems to be asked for someone applying for Student visa...

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I have no clue what to respond to these Questions.... as she is just coming to join me and not for some education purpose....

Can someone help me in this regard.... I am seriously waiting for somehelp.... so as to answer these Questions....

I had applied for H4 visa at the new delhi coonsulate on august 9th, 2011. The Visa officer confirmed that my visa is approved and I should expect my stamped passport with US visa returned in 5 working days. However, it’s been over 8 weeks after the interview and I have not received my stamped passport yet. Now i came to know its pending under 221g. Any idea on how long it wll take?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Finally got my Visa today after 139 days.

My details are:

VI date : June 7th 2011

221g pink slip with no documents asked

Clearance received : October 14th

Visa Issued: 21 st October

Just a matter of time guys, dont give hope and get involved in work and stop worrying. You will eventually get an email or a call and your wait will end.

Archived