H4 - Chennai 221g Pink Slip

mnaghman

Hi,

My wife went for H4 visa interview on June 30th at chennai and was given 221g pink slip. Here are the details:

Interview date: June 30th

No docs asked

Chennai Consulate

I see that most of the cases here are from the Hyderabad consulate. Can anyone share their 221g H4 experience from Chennai consulate? How long did it take for you, etc?

Here are the details:

VO: Can I see your marriage cert, I-797 of your husband, and wedding photos?

Ans: Gave all

VO: Cna I see your husband's passport?

Shown

VO: What does your husband do?

Engineer in xyz company

VO: Some marriage related questions

Answered all

VO: So all your docs are good and visa is approved. But for our satisfaction we need to do some additional admin processing.

She gives the 221g pink slip and keeps the passport.

VO: We'll keep your passport and when the processing is completed, we'll return it to you with the visa. you dont have to come here again. Thank you.

Its been 3.5 weeks now and we are still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

yes I was told it would take 8 weeks and that din't turn out to be true.

He told me to mail them after 8 weeks which I did. Got a standard reply :(

yes it is my first visit to USA. Just hope I get it this week.. Client has been asking and I do not have a proper reply.. Very strange situation..

Hi All,

Recently my wife went to H4 Visa interview, she was handed over 221G Blueform,

Here is case

When the officer asked my annual salary, she mentioned recent salary with hike $XYZ but last year W2 form and payslips shows less than $XYZ. The officer thought that my employer is paying less than approved LCA and he issued blue slip

Documents asked

1. Petition documents

2. Employer contract/offer letter

3. W2 forms for 2010

4. Copies of all payslips since 2010 to tilldate(July2011)

5. A Notarized letter from the petitioner explaining the failure to pay the approved wage for 2010 and 2011.

6. Explanation of Wages/Expenses allotments (my payslips shows different pay per month as I work hourly..also I claim the expenses on travel)

7. Passport/I797/DS-160 etc

She went to interview on 23rd June 2011, she was given Blueslip.

We responded with all the document on 4th Aug 2011 & waited for more than 3 weeks and finally it is approved.

My wife had been in US for last 6 yrs.

Summary:

H4 Interview on 23rd June

4th August responded with all the documents

25th Aug, Visa was approved.

I went to meet Sheela Murthy after the Query and she advised me to document things properly and she assured that my wife will get the Visa with no issues. I also sent CPA statement (explaining about expenses). I really appreciate her experience in the immigration expertise. She is the best.

Guys keep hope for the best and keep follow up with Consulate twice a week. I know it is standard answer.

Archived