F-1 Interview Successful but Before 120 Days

Edwardc

Hello. I just finished the F1 visa interview (today on April 23, 2021) at the US Embassy and it went very well (got approved). However, the interviewer said that I came to the interview a bit too early before the 120 days timeline. The starting date of my program is August 23, 2021. She gave me a green form (which says that my visa is rejected under article 221(g)) and said that just in case the passport does not come, contact the email on the green form (with the date written April 26 at the top of the form and 'biometrics only' checkbox circled).

At the end I asked again about when the passport with the new F-1 visa will arrive and she said next week.

However, after reading through the green form upon leaving the embassy, I am a bit confused as to why I received this form. In addition, she took my passport that will need that new visa imprinted with no other instructions.

Am I safe to assume that the visa is approved and the passport will come next week? Or can anybody help me understand this situation?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Edwardc