498a Passport taken by consulate

One more victim of false 498a case.

Came to USA in 2018.

498A filled in India in Jan 2019.Spouse never  came to US. 

Got my passport renewed in US in sept 2020. Have mentioned all the facts in the renewal form. There was no charge sheet  filled against me in India, no lookout notice nor any orders from to come to India. Have given undertaking that will be present in court when court asks to.

Have given the Power of Attorney to handle court cases to my Father. My Advocate is fighting the case and my spouse is not able to produce any evidence in  front of court to prove 498A. She has filled 498A just 3 days before completing 7 yrs (after 7 yrs one cannot file 498A). As the rule is in biased still the case is going on.  

My father in law is retired government servant and has contacts, so he is managing people. 

In Jan Mr. X from consulate called me to discuss about the matter as my passport was renewed. Explained him everything.

Without stating the reason took my passport, asked him why he is taking my passport but he did not answered. Asked him to give me writing that he is taking my passport which he denied.  

Is there any  way I can get my Passport Back ?