Any consequences of Remote working from India for more than 90 days?

This in regard to my query that I am a H1b visa holder having a valid i-797 with validity till December 2021 which is not stamped yet. I had come down to India for vacation and stamping. I landed on March 1, 2020, and the vacation was planned till March 31st, 2020.

Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, my scheduled dropbox dated on March 16th 2020 got canceled and I had to continue working from India.  I started working from April 1st, 2020 till now.

Now it had been more than 60 days that I have been working remotely from India and in total more than 90 days of my stay in India.

Please let me know what are the policies for working remotely/out of the country for H1b visa holders and if there is any relaxation because of Covid-19.

Since the US consulate is still not open to get my Visa stamped what are the options left so that I remain in legal status and continue working.

I appreciate your response!

If you are a citizen of India, then you are not breaking any laws by working remotely in India. You can work as long as your employer is allowing you to work remotely. While coming back make sure you have the proof that you still have the job by carrying your paychecks as they might ask for it at POE.