L2 EAD Extension

Sumit_Sharma

Hello, 

I'm on an L1A with my petition end date being 09/19/2020. My Organization typically applies for an extension for both primary and dependent in the last month [ September in my case ] . My I-94 had a valid until date of 11/04/2022 and my wife's I-94 is valid until 09/19 . My wife has an L2 EAD which too is expiring on 9/19. My organization wouldnt file for an EAD extension for my wife. I assume that I cannot file for an EAD renewal until I've received an approved L1 and L2 extension. I have an approved I-140. I wanted to know if this can help me file for an EAD extension for my wife. Currently EAD extension take 3-6 months to come thru and if my wife's EAD is filed after we get our Visa extensions she would end up loosing her current job. 

Also, is there a provision of me filing an EAD extension without an approved L1 and L2 Visa and later do a SR [ Service Request ] to substantiate approval of Visa. 

Please kindly help with my query.