Requesting help on I-94 expiration

Hi, 

My situation is my current passport is expiring in May 2020, I renewed and received my new passport. How can I have I-94 updated with new passport information ? My previous H1b stamp expired in sept 2019. I got my H1b extension approved in sept 2019 and I didn't go for stamping again. So, I was wondering how can I get my I-94 updated without crossing border in this COVID-19 situation. Please advise me what all options I have in this situation. 

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

PreetK

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, preetk said:

Hi, 

My situation is my current passport is expiring in May 2020, I renewed and received my new passport. How can I have I-94 updated with new passport information ? My previous H1b stamp expired in sept 2019. I got my H1b extension approved in sept 2019 and I didn't go for stamping again. So, I was wondering how can I get my I-94 updated without crossing border in this COVID-19 situation. Please advise me what all options I have in this situation. 

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

PreetK

You dont need to lin/ update the new passport with your H1B. You are good. When you apply for the H1B or when you travel and show your new passport they will automatically link it. 

6 hours ago, Tjgarla said:

You dont need to lin/ update the new passport with your H1B. You are good. When you apply for the H1B or when you travel and show your new passport they will automatically link it. 

Staying beyond I94 expiry is not good. You don't link passport to H1b, you need a new I94 with the new passport