PERM Labor Certification Process

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the PERM labor certification process.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, Lavila said:

What is the step by step process followed and time taken for each after wage determination has been received from DOL

Generally, after the PWD is obtained, recruitment begins and is a period of time no less than 60 days. Once the PERM is filed, DOL will process pursuant to their stated processing times. At the moment, it is approximately five months, if the application is not audited. 

What is the step by step process followed and time taken for each after wage determination has been received from DOL

Below is mine and one of my friend timelines from PWD to I-140 approval. You can always track the general timelines for PWD and PERM at https://icert.doleta.gov/index.cfm?event=ehGeneral.dspProcessingTimes.

Friend          Mine
PWD Dec'16 Apr'17 May'18 Sep'18
Adver Jun'17 Aug'17 Oct'18 Apr'19
Perm Dec'17 May'18 May'19 Jul'19
I140 Jul'18 Aug'18 Sep'19 Oct'19
On 4/14/2020 at 3:29 PM, PrasadKintali said:

Below is mine and one of my friend timelines from PWD to I-140 approval. You can always track the general timelines for PWD and PERM at https://icert.doleta.gov/index.cfm?event=ehGeneral.dspProcessingTimes.

Friend          Mine
PWD Dec'16 Apr'17 May'18 Sep'18
Adver Jun'17 Aug'17 Oct'18 Apr'19
Perm Dec'17 May'18 May'19 Jul'19
I140 Jul'18 Aug'18 Sep'19 Oct'19

Both the PWD and the adjudication of the PERM is based on DOL processing times that change frequently. Recruitment is based on regulation that lists it as no shorter than 60 days. I-140 processing also depends on USCIS processing times, however, can be premium processed.