EB2 Eligibility

I have a total of 8yrs exp, out of which 4 is with the current company. I was told by my HR, for me to qualify for EB2, I should have had atleast 5 years exp prior to joining the company. Is that true? Are the years I have spent here not taken into account? If that is the case, then probably my current employer will never be able to file a GC for me in EB2. Look for another job, you say? :-)

Originally posted by kp1080:

I have a total of 8yrs exp, out of which 4 is with the current company. I was told by my HR, for me to qualify for EB2, I should have had atleast 5 years exp prior to joining the company. Is that true? Are the years I have spent here not taken into account?

HR is correct.

You can by law NOT use the experience gained with the current employer for the GC, unless the GC job is at least 50% different from the current job.

My attorney had said that your work should require Masters Degree or Work experience of 5 years or more. And you should have either of them. So if you have MS Degree from an US University but less then 5 yrs of work experience outside the current company, you are eligible for EB2. But yes always talk to an immigration attorney.

Originally posted by uscboy:

My attorney had said that your work should require Masters Degree or Work experience of 5 years or more. And you should have either of them. So if you have MS Degree from an US University but less then 5 yrs of work experience outside the current company, you are eligible for EB2.

IF the job requires an advanced degree or Bachelor + 5 years of progressive experience...

the job requirements are the important thing. The candidate of course has to fulfill the job requirements...

Archived