GC For father - RFE for Marriage Certificate

I am a US citizen and have filed concurrent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 for my father who is a widower, my mother passed away in 2016.

My father was visiting us in 2019 and I filed it in 10/2019 when he was here.

We got his EAD and AP approved in February 2020.

Now we got an RFE asking for the marriage certificate of his with my mother

My parents do not have a marriage certificate as it was not registered at that time.

I do have 2 affidavits from my relatives who attended the marriage that it did take place on the day and place . 

I also have my mother's passport and Aadhar card where her spouse name is mentioned and shows my father.

I have my mothers death certificate too. 

I had already submitted the affidavits and death certificate with the original application but they may have not looked at it when they issued the RFE.

Now I am planning to resend the affidavits and the death certificate and also another affidavit with the passport and aadhar.

Did anybody have this problem and how was it resolved.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally the USCIS will go by the Department of State's Visa Reciprocity Schedule for Civil Documents: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

If the primary document is not available (i.e. a late-registered marriage certificate is not available when a party is deceased), then generally one should provide as much secondary evidence (affidavits, wedding card, death certificate, etc) as possible.