H4 Visa Stamping

Gov19

Hello all, 

I need some information on what documents are needed for my spouse for her H4 Visa interview as well as some of the expected questions / same responses.

My background:

- finished my education in the united states

- Worked for Employer A in OPT for about 2 years 

- Got married in the USA (at court) in June 2019

- Got H1b in 2019 October from Employer B (left Employer A and joined Employer B in October)

- Haven't traveled to India since the completion of my education till date (so I don't have H1b stamp on my passport)

My Spouse background:

- did her MBA in USA

- Utilized her 1 year OPT (worked for various clients) and left to India in Aug 2019 (as her OPT ended)

- Going to H4 Visa interview in 2 weeks at Chennai

We have referred to the common document checklist required for H4 visa interview and we have gathered following documents i.e. LCA, i129, i797, Employment Verification Letter, W2, Paystubs, Bank Statements

Please assist us with the kind of interview questions that may be specific to her situation and also documentation required for her

19 hours ago, Gov19 said:

Hello all, 

I need some information on what documents are needed for my spouse for her H4 Visa interview as well as some of the expected questions / same responses.

My background:

- finished my education in the united states

- Worked for Employer A in OPT for about 2 years 

- Got married in the USA (at court) in June 2019

- Got H1b in 2019 October from Employer B (left Employer A and joined Employer B in October)

- Haven't traveled to India since the completion of my education till date (so I don't have H1b stamp on my passport)

My Spouse background:

- did her MBA in USA

- Utilized her 1 year OPT (worked for various clients) and left to India in Aug 2019 (as her OPT ended)

- Going to H4 Visa interview in 2 weeks at Chennai

We have referred to the common document checklist required for H4 visa interview and we have gathered following documents i.e. LCA, i129, i797, Employment Verification Letter, W2, Paystubs, Bank Statements

Please assist us with the kind of interview questions that may be specific to her situation and also documentation required for her

You will need to prove that you both are married legally, carry a marriage certificate and any photos (incase you had a traditional marriage after the court marriage).

• 1 month later...

Hi!

In general, all H4 visa applicants must carry relevant documents to evidence relationship with H1B spouse and to evidence the principal H1B holder continues to maintain the legal status in the U.S. The consular officers generally inquire about the marriage, relationship and principal H1B holder’s job-related questions. As long as, the principal H1B holder is maintaining the legal status in the U.S. a H1B visa is not required for the H4 visa to be issued. If you need professional  assistance with your spouse’s H4 visa interview at the consulate, you may reach out to us at info@murthyindia.com.