Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


Recommended Posts

My last petition had duration from apr 2013 to Dec 2014.

My last travel to US in 2014 for two months (Feb 14 to Apr 14) .

I spent almost 2.9 years in US. Can I file extension from my new employer on non  subject to cap exemption to claim the rest of six years.

Share this post

Link to post

1. You will need to provide all travel details if you need a complete answer.

2. You can't get 6 years if you are using the old Petition, if you go thought the lottery again you will get new 6 years.

Share this post

Link to post

From what I understand, you have only exhausted 2.9 years / 6 years of your H1-B. This is calculated based on your travel history in I-94.

A sponsor can claim for the unused time of your remaining time in H1 and file a cap-exempt petition.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now