I94 extension after passport expiry at Nogales,Az

MBAZ

We would like to share our experience with I94 extension at Nogales, Az border.

Our visa has a validity till Jul 2021 but as our passport were expiring in May 2020, so we got our I94 till May 2020 at Seattle airport during our entry in to US.

After reading all the forums comments we tried our luck at Nogales,Az border.

First, we went in November 2019 to the CBP office at Nogales but were denied a new I94 because as per them our I94 is valid till May 2020 and they cannot issue a new I94.

We had made up our mind to either travel out of USA to get a new I94 in our passports or travel to San Diego border where there are more chances to get a new i94.

But finally we again tried our luck at Nogales border and this time we called them before driving to that place.We explained them our situation and the officer said that it can be done.

Finally we were able to get a new i94 on our new passports till our visa validity date when we reached there and luckily we got the same officer whom we have called earlier on the day.We just have to give $12 as the processing fees and we dint crossed the border.

So do check with the officer that you need to cross the border or it can be done without crossing border.

We got it on both of our passports me and my spouse.

The only tip we can give here is call the CBP office first and explain them your situation and also try to take the name of the person you are speaking to so that you can tell the officer on duty regarding your conversation on this matter.

We wish all of you good luck in I94 renewal cases with Valid Visa and New Passport.