H1B Extension - Vermont Processing Times

Hi All,

Recently my Employer has filled my H1B extension. It has been under processing at  Vermont center. I was checking the  processing time posted for Vermont center and I see that  there are two  types  for  I-129  as mentioned below. Can you please let me know under which category my case would fall. I moved out of US after completing 5.4 years of H1B and currently  in India with approved I-140.   

Estimated time range                  Form Type                                                                           Receipt date for a case inquiry

1)    5.5 Months to 7.5 Months    H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad                       June 14, 2019
2)    2 Months to 4 Months          H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S.                 September 16, 2019

Receipt number - EAC200*******

Requesting your valuable inputs.

Thanks. 

Thank you for your reply.   So in this  case shall I expect 3 year extension or 1 year extension? I heard that  if PERM gets file after  the start of 6th year of H1-B, applicant get extension in increments of 1 year only. Is this true ?  Considering long processing time of Vermont center  i am trying to  upgrade my case to premium however my employer is not ready for it . So, I am trying to  gather all information to build  my case.  

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this topic.  

Thank you,

Patrick 

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, Rohan23 said:

Hi my extension is filed in Vermont sc on jan 24 2020. Currently what is the average time to get a response from them. Does covid 19 outbreak can impact the processing timeline. 

No one can tell what will be the impact yet. Just keep track of the processing times for I129 for Vermont on USCIS website.