Stopped at Chicago Port of entry with pending location change amendment

SanthoshChandrana

I have H1b visa stamped till September 2021 for Sanfrancisco, California location in Aug 2019. Work location has changed for the project and My Employer has filed a location change amendment to Charlotte, North Carolina and receipt has been generated. Both approved petition and location change amendment were filed as regular by the same employer and the client is also the same.

I was told by my company Immigration team that I am good to travel to Charlotte with amendment receipt notice.

My port of entry was done at Chicago and customs officer raised an objection that I am not allowed to travel and work at Charlotte location as I am traveling to US for the first time and my location change amendment is still in the pending state.

However, as I am traveling with my family and have an approved petition to san Francisco they allowed me to travel to charlotte. But they have deferred the inspection to November 27th and created an appointment with Charlotte CBP and they stamped my passport with Paroled differed inspection stamp.

And customs officer told that I need to go to customs office on Nov 27th along with my family and produce the approval notice if my amendment petition is approved by that time. I was told that if the amendment is approved then they will provide the entry stamp in passport and I-94 will be generated and If I don't get the approval notice by Nov 27th then I need to go back to India and travel to Charlotte after I get approval notice.

Could you please let me know if I can get the clearance from Customs to travel to my base location which is San Francisco with client letter that client is accepting me to work from SFO location. 

Could you please guide me what else I can do here to get the entry stamp in passport and get the I-94 generated for me and my family.