SEVIS Terminated

Hi There,

I was on F1 Visa and have a masters  degree from a state university. I had my initial OPT for a year and had no stems associated. As I wanted to get more work experience I joined second masters with day 1 CPT college and continued to do internship and attending classes weekly to maintain  F1. My 5 years visa got expired on July 2019. I requested my SEVIS transfer to my university, as i was moving to different state, the University refused to transfer my sevis threatened me that they would terminate my sevis if I choose to transfer as I had passed deadline to request sevis transfer. 

The school DSO offered me to continue my semester by attending my classes online on Zoom. As I was little worried about sevis termination I agreed for there offer and after the issuance of new I-20 they terminated my sevis under unauthorised withdrawal saying I wasn’t attending classes which isn’t true but they made me look like.

I had to travel to my home country immediately as my sevis got terminated, I went to visa interview with a private university’s I-20 for second masters and my visa got rejected.

Can I try again for F1 visa for PHD program with a state university’s I-20, what are the chances of my visa getting approved with all the mess created.

please advise,

Thanks,

Swathi

First, your CPT was illegal. You have one year of Practical Training per educational level, and you used that up with the OPT.

Second, on F1, online study is not allowed.

It is unlikely that you will get another F1, or any other visa, since you have a history of status violations.

15 hours ago, JoeF said:

First, your CPT was illegal. You have one year of Practical Training per educational level, and you used that up with the OPT.

Second, on F1, online study is not allowed.

It is unlikely that you will get another F1, or any other visa, since you have a history of status violations.

Thanks for your response,

If CPT is illegal and uscis is aware of such institutions, why are they letting such schools run there business. 

There are millions of students H1B got approved who were on day CPT, if it is illegal how is it possible.

just sharing my thoughts.

5 hours ago, Swathi prasad said:

Thanks for your response,

If CPT is illegal and uscis is aware of such institutions, why are they letting such schools run there business. 

There are millions of students H1B got approved who were on day CPT, if it is illegal how is it possible.

just sharing my thoughts.

It is YOUR responsibility to know the rules.

8 CFR 214.2(f)(10). Online on the USCIS website.

"(10) Practical training. Practical training may be authorized to an F-1 student who has been lawfully enrolled on a full time basis, in a Service-approved college, university, conservatory, or seminary for one full academic year. This provision also includes students who, during their course of study, were enrolled in a study abroad program, if the student had spent at least one full academic term enrolled in a full course of study in the United States prior to studying abroad. A student may be authorized 12 months of practical training, and becomes eligible for another 12 months of practical training when he or she changes to a higher educational level. "

In particular, the last sentence. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Edited by JoeF