Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Visa for Small Canadian Business/Canadian Citizen

Recommended Posts

I am a small business owner based in Toronto. My firm is contracted to do work in the US through another international company based in Australia who has signed a contract with the US company. The Australian company has then subcontracted the work to me. I get pain in Canadian Dollars. The nature of the work is temporary) a few days. I am a Canadian Citizen. What type of visa do I need?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Share this post

Link to post

You can not do work in the US with your foreign company.

You can do meetings with a B1 visa, but for work you would either have to become an employee of the US company on H1, or you would have to set up a subsidiary in the US and use an L1 visa (intracompany work) to wok for the US subsidiary.

For details you need to consult with a good US immigration lawyer.

Edited by JoeF

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this