Incorrect/Future 'Starting Validity Date' in my Approved Extension Petition - What's the implication?

Hi All,

My H1B visa extension was applied in normal category (Vermont center) in the first week of Oct 2018 when my visa had around 5 months of validity left (VISA Expiry Date - 2nd week of Feb 2019). After 9 months of waiting, I requested my employer to move my request to premium as I had to get my daughter's passport renewed and it was moved in 3rd week of July.

I got the VISA approved in last week of July 2019 and got an email copy for the same through my employer two days back. I noticed that the 'Starting Validity Date' in the visa (as well as attached I-94 in I-797 form) is mentioned as same date when the initial application was submitted but the year as 2019 instead of 2018 (e.g. Initial extn. petition was submitted on 10/06/2018 and the approved petition has 10/06/2019 as 'Starting validity Date' and 'End Validity Date' as March 2021). I informed my employer immediately and they coordinated with attorney and attorneys have immediately filed a service request for typo correction in the Start validity date. 

Now from my standpoint, I am staying on receipt number since my Visa expiry in Feb 2019 and suddenly, due to this date error/issue, I see a gap in my extension period and stay since Feb 2019 until now. I am extremely worried now.

Please suggest in details what are the legal implications on my stay in US. Is this common and how long does these type of typo corrections usually take? Is there a way to expedite these type of requests? Will this impact in my future Visa extensions, stamping or GC (not yet filed) in any way?

Would appreciate your quick response and help on this. Thank you in advance!

• SnehilUSA changed the title to Incorrect/Future 'Starting Validity Date' in my Approved Extension Petition - What's the implication?

Update - I had checked with my attorneys on the same day and they had immediately filed a service request for correction to USCIS and provided me the service request number. The correction was made and email copy was received within 3-5 days.

My understanding is that if the typo is in the date or something critical and that impacts someone's stay in US then USCIS corrects that immediately. Thank you!