Which state of residence to pick

Hello there, 

I am planning to schedule my visa appointment in India, and noticed " State of Residence" is one of the questions. But I have been staying in US since 10 years and my passport was also issued by Indian mission in USA. Can I pick my port of entry state into India ?

Thank you !

As per DHS statements Nonimmigrant. An alien who seeks temporary entry to the United States for a specific purpose. The alien must have a permanent residence abroad (for most classes of admission) and qualify for the nonimmigrant classification sought.

Don't you have a family home or some family in your home country ? Your state of residence is where your permanent residence is.

7 hours ago, xTDx said:

As per DHS statements Nonimmigrant. An alien who seeks temporary entry to the United States for a specific purpose. The alien must have a permanent residence abroad (for most classes of admission) and qualify for the nonimmigrant classification sought.

Don't you have a family home or some family in your home country ? Your state of residence is where your permanent residence is.

For an H1, that line does not apply. A non-immigrant in H1 status does not have to have a residence abroad. Assuming that the question refers to a state of residence abroad, if the person doesn't have one it is fine to say "N/A" for people on H1.