Tourist Visa for Spouse when I have H1B

I am on H1B Visa and want to invite my spouse for tourism purpose. She is currently in Germany and working in IT firm (having contract letter & residence proof as well).

So now, its difficult to go to India and apply for her H4 visa. That's the reason, we have applied and make an appointment for B2 visa (which is next week in German Consulate). Is it difficult to get the approval for her B2 visa?

I have provided all the documents (Passport, Visa, Petition, Residence Proof, Bank Statement, Salary Slips) along with invitation letter. Please let me know if any other documents are required from me as well as from my spouse side. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, we are married. It will take long time to go to India, apply for H4 and then stamp it. That's the reason to apply for B2.

I heard more chances of rejection if H4 is applied from German consulate. Is it true? what can be other way? Please suggest.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, PrafulD said:

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, we are married. It will take long time to go to India, apply for H4 and then stamp it. That's the reason to apply for B2.

I heard more chances of rejection if H4 is applied from German consulate. Is it true? what can be other way? Please suggest.

All consulate have the same information. Rejections don't depend on the consulate. They depend on the legitimacy of the H1.

IMO a B2 application will likely be denied as the correct classification for her is H4 and not B2. She can apply for H4 from Germany and as said before the argument that H4 in Germany will have more chances of rejection is baseless. In fact her chances of getting a visitor visa with the facts presented are quite low, a lot lower than her getting a H4. The only <sensible> way is to apply for H4.

Anyways , we would like to know the result of her B2 application.

Edited by xTDx