I-140 Priority Date Porting Issue

JAMPAS

Hi Team,

Thanks in Advance,

Request you please go through my case and provide you valuable suggestions:

I have my approval 1-140 ( with Priority date as on SEP 15, 2015 ) which i got from my previous Employer_A. After one year , i.e On OCT 15 2016 i changed to another Employer_B and got Transferred done successfully. 

Recently, they initiated my Previous I-140 transfer and got Approved Successfully, but change in the Priority Date.

My previous Priority date is on SEP 15, 2015 and now i got as OCT 20, 2018

Please provide your valuable answer for the below Queries:

• Can i change the recent Priority Date to the Previous Priority, i mean can i port the new one to the Old One.
  • If YES, request you please let me know the Process to do the same.
  • Is there any change in 1-140 Process recently
  • Will this be a Impact for my future Extensions or Future I-140 transfers to different companies.

Regards,

Jampas

• 1 month later...

Your new employer did it incorrectly. When you change employer, you should start from scratch. PERM then I-140 then I-1485. Also, you can request to capture same PD by showing previously approved I-140 copy.

1. Since application is wrong, you need to consult with attorney and tell the situation completely. You probably have cancel new application and then start whole new application as mentioned above.
  2. From beginning. Check and estimate when PD is becoming current. You may not lose any time.
  3. Your attorney is lacking knowledge about basic process. Hire a reputed one. There is no change in this process at all.
  4. You need to sort this I-140 first before you apply for H1b extension because H1b extension requires an approved I-140.