B2 visa rejection affect F1 processing?

Sj15

My brother has been rejected a B2 visa twice with 214 (b) form. he plans to come to US for Masters in Fall 2020. will these rejections affect his F1- student visa processing? Should we refrain from applying again for a B2 visa to improve chances of his F1?

13 hours ago, Sj15 said:

My brother has been rejected a B2 visa twice with 214 (b) form. he plans to come to US for Masters in Fall 2020. will these rejections affect his F1- student visa processing? Should we refrain from applying again for a B2 visa to improve chances of his F1?

There is no such thing as improving visa approval chances. Very possible that the b2 rejection will have further issues for f1 as well. No one can tell for sure. Only way is to apply and see yourself.

It helps if the university is well known. No point in applying for b2 when he is intending to study in US. 

23 hours ago, xTDx said:

There is no such thing as improving visa approval chances. Very possible that the b2 rejection will have further issues for f1 as well. No one can tell for sure. Only way is to apply and see yourself.

It helps if the university is well known. No point in applying for b2 when he is intending to study in US. 

Thank you.

He wants to come to US to study only in next year i.e in September 2020. So he will be applying for F1 next year. And yes, he is looking at reputed Universities (University of Michigan, USC etc).

Since a holiday was planned this year, we applied for a B2.

Archived