L1 L2 Extension with EAD

Hi,

I am on L2 visa in US and have a valid EAD.

Me and my spouse are applying for L1, L2 extenstion and L2 EAD extension together in a single application. We are weighing the option of applying under premium processing. 

Case 1) Applying without premium processing: If I need to travel out of US while all 3 applications are in progress, will it affect my L2 EAD application.
Case 2) Applying with premium: L1 and L2 extension may get approved in shorter time than EAD. If I travel out of US once the L1 and L2 extension is approved and EAD approval is still pending - will it affect my EAD application?

Appreciate your advice and time!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Case 1 : It's not advisable to travel outside US while the extension petition for l1 and l2 is in progress.

Case 2 :  I have applied for L1 and L2 Extension in Aug 2017 in PP and it was approved by end of Aug 2017. Applied for EAD in Sep 2017 and my spouse went on a vacation from 2nd Nov to 26th Dec 2017 while EAD application was in progress. It didn't affect the EAD process for my spouse. L2 EAD was approved on 28th Nov 2017.