Prevailing Wages Determination rejected

Sanjeev Kumar

Hi,

As a first step of GC processing PWD is submitted. My PWD was submitted on 28th September 2018 and it is still not approved or received. Last week my manager says that it has been rejected due to some reason which I am not aware of yet. I have heard PERM and I-140 rejection but is that true a PWD can also rejected?

Thanks,

Sanjeev

You have right to know the reason when anything gets rejected on your behalf. You haven't explained it clearly or perhaps your employer hasn't, however, more likely it looks like that your PERM got rejected based based your wages come lower than prevailing wage. You can determine with certain accuracy how your wage compared with that of others with similar jobs.

Understand that comparing wages with prevailing wage is more or less a gray area. Employers sometimes choose how big circle they want to draw to show that your wage is higher than that of within that circle.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, Sanjeev Kumar said:

Hi,

As a first step of GC processing PWD is submitted. My PWD was submitted on 28th September 2018 and it is still not approved or received. Last week my manager says that it has been rejected due to some reason which I am not aware of yet. I have heard PERM and I-140 rejection but is that true a PWD can also rejected?

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Of course it can get rejected. There are multiple ways to get a PWD, one involving industry surveys (which tend to be lower than the data from DOL) are always at risk of denial.

And the employer doesn't have to give you any details about this, because PERM is the employer's application.

Archived