221g on extension

Bluerain

Appeared for interview on feb 6. I went to US in h4 status and did a COS to h1 and this is my first h1 stamping since I left India. I am working in EC model in a big company.VO asked for end client letter I told her as per the policy my client does not provide letters. She took i797,w2s, SOW and gave a yellow note and told me to wait. I think she scanned the documents. After that she gave a blue slip with a case number and told to track my case online. No additional documents were requested. It’s 3 weeks now and I am still waiting.

Also my husband who is in 7th year on his H1 submitted documents using Dropbox and he was asked to appear for interview on 12 feb, In the interview they asked for client letter and same was provided,He also got same blue slip not sure why he got blue slip since in March 2018 he appeared for interview,and got visa stamped,there is no change in employment or client or anything else...we both work in same American MNC.  Anyone in same situation.

6 hours ago, Bluerain said:

Appeared for interview on feb 6. I went to US in h4 status and did a COS to h1 and this is my first h1 stamping since I left India. I am working in EC model in a big company.VO asked for end client letter I told her as per the policy my client does not provide letters. She took i797,w2s, SOW and gave a yellow note and told me to wait. I think she scanned the documents. After that she gave a blue slip with a case number and told to track my case online. No additional documents were requested. It’s 3 weeks now and I am still waiting.

Also my husband who is in 7th year on his H1 submitted documents using Dropbox and he was asked to appear for interview on 12 feb, In the interview they asked for client letter and same was provided,He also got same blue slip not sure why he got blue slip since in March 2018 he appeared for interview,and got visa stamped,there is no change in employment or client or anything else...we both work in same American MNC.  Anyone in same situation.

This is pretty common these days and should be known. DOS now a days stepping out of their jurisdiction  to verify each and every petition (already approved by USCIS) that involves multiple layers of organizations. Missing client letter makes things worse.  DOS/Consulate is probably in process of verifying the employer and the end client. Usually all employment based 221g are resolved within 2-4 weeks. There is nothing else to do beside waiting. 

I am curious, you mentioned both you and your husband work in same MNC. How he was able to provide a client letter ?

Archived