When Mumbai Consulate is opening for H1?

vishals_me

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to visit India in December 2011 and I was wondering if there's any news on opening the consulate in Mumbai for H1b visas or it's open already? I tried to check the earliest date available but Mumbai doesn't show up.

Do you think I will be able to get the appointmet for December for H1b in Mumbai or I should just get somewhere else in India.

I am sorry if it's already posted somewhere in the forum.

Thanks,

Vishal.

Following content has been copied from the Mumbai consulate website...

"Appointments and Interviews

U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai resumes H and L visa processing

The U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai is pleased to announce the resumption of interviews in Mumbai for H and L visas. The H and L visa categories are petition-based and enable a beneficiary to work legally in the United States. In 2010, Indians applicants received 65 percent of all H1B visas issued worldwide.

The Consulate will open the appointment schedule on August 26, 2011; the first interview appointments available are on September 6, 2011. All interviews will be conducted at the Lincoln House Consulate building, located at 78, Bhulabhai Desai Road, until further notice.

Please visit VFS, our visa scheduling partner, at http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/SchduleMenu.aspx to make your visa appointment on-line."

I just checked and selected Mumbai from the drop down on VFS website. The following page doesnt show Mumbai dates at all. Still shows the other four embassies.

Originally posted by thelastresort:

The Consulate will open the appointment schedule on August 26, 2011; the first interview appointments available are on September 6, 2011.

I'm in same situation. I am travelling to India and our H1B stamping is due.

But the dates are not available on VFS website. I have wrote to mumbai consulate and waiting for their response.

My question is, if the dates are not available, can I go to Delhi consulate even if in my online DS160, I have mentioned Mumbai for interview?

Spoke to mumbai consulate helpline folks...

As per them the dates are currently full for mumbai and will open up as and when they can schedule more appointments.

Not sure if this is in sync with the message posted on their website saying they will begin the reservation for H and L visa by August 26th.

That's correct... no date are showing up for mumbai at present.

Also, the dates which were showing up earlier were only for new H1B/ L1 visa stamping or if your H1B/ L1 visa has expired since 12 months.

For H1B/ L1 visa renewals mumbai never shows up. I am trying since last 2 weeks and have finally booked my interview in delhi.

Hi Rocky4543.

How long in advance did they let you book your Delhi apointment? When did you book it and for which date? Thanks!

Originally posted by rocky4543:

That's correct... no date are showing up for mumbai at present.

Also, the dates which were showing up earlier were only for new H1B/ L1 visa stamping or if your H1B/ L1 visa has expired since 12 months.

For H1B/ L1 visa renewals mumbai never shows up. I am trying since last 2 weeks and have finally booked my interview in delhi.

I booked my dates on the 12th of sept for interview on 14th sept so will be leaving tonight.

Delhi dates are still open for 15th sept onwards ...

Not sure whats going on with the mumbai consulate, it been been more then 2 weeks since they announced they will be processing H visa but no dates were made available till today for renewal cases.

Archived