H1B Amendment - Approved with Expired I94

RajanK

Hello:

• I had a valid H1B Extension approved till March 2019 (I-94 valid till March 2019)
  • Due to a location change(California to PA), H1B Amendment was filed in May 2018.
    • It got approved on Jan 8th, 2019 but with a validity only until 31st Dec 2018.
    • An I94 was also present at the bottom of the form with an expiry date of 10th Jan 2019 ( I guess they gave 10 day grace period).

Can you please let me know whether I am out-of-status now? My employer indicated that he will soon (by Jan end) file for H1B extension. Please let me know if my stay is legal until then? 

Thanks for your time!

Regards

Raj

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

• I had a valid H1B Extension approved till August 2020 (I-94 valid till August 2020)
  • Due to a location change(NJ to AZ), H1B Amendment was filed in June 2018.
    • It got approved and Notice sent on on Jan 30th, 2019 but with a validity only until 31st Dec 2018.
    • An I94(which is same number from previous H1-B) was also present at the bottom of the form with an expiry date of 10th Jan 2019 ( I guess they gave 10 day grace period).

Can you please let me know whether I am out-of-status now? My employer indicated that he will soon (by Feb mid) file for H1B extension. Please let me know if my stay is legal until then or I need to leave india immediately??

I never been to stamping once i got H1-B approved from F-1 status on Nov 2017. My current project extended till Dec 2019 where i got amendment approval for same client till Dec 2018.

Thanks for your time!

Raj, Please let me know what did you do in your case??

Regards

Sindhu.B

Edited by sindhu1210
  • 10 months later...