Problem with scheduling H4 interview appointment

Supriya24

Hi,

I currently have H1B visa and my spouse has an approved H4 visa. My spouse's Visa has changed from H1B to H4 and the H4 approval was obtained while we are in US itself along with my H1B extension. Now we are planning for vacation to India and both of us want to do stamping. From my login I answered all questions in Stanley website and it showed that I am eligible for dropbox. I did not add my spouse detail while answering all those questions in Stanley website thinking that we will schedule his appointment separately through his own login, since we were not sure if he will be eligible for dropbox or should attend interview as his status is changing from H1B to H4. So while entering his details in Stanley website using his own login, in Step 5 he had enter my H1B details in the following field

Principal Applicant's name - My name since I am the H1B holder

Principle Applicant's Visa Class - mine (H1B)

Petitioner Name - my company name

Start date - my visa start date

REceipt Number - my H1B receipt number

Expiration Date - My Visa expiration date

Upon entering the above details in Stanley website we are receiving the error - "Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "<myemailid>" though we had logged in through my spouse. If you created this profile in the past you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts."

Note: I added my spouse detail in my login under Family members but later deleted now.

My questions are as below:

1. Wanted to understand why are we receiving the profile match error in my spouse's login.

2. Is it ok to schedule an appointment separately for my spouse's H4 through his login if the above error is resolved?

3. OR should I schedule my spouse's H4 appointment from my Stanley login adding him as dependent? I have already answered the relevant questions on my H1B which showed me am dropbox eligible and now in the status is to pay the Visa fees. If this is the case, we were not sure if my spouse will be dropbox eligible too since the website will not ask any question for him if we try to book appointment through my login. That was the primary reason we thought will book appointment separately for my spouse's H4.

Please advise.

Archived