multiple H1B petitions in 2019

tym

Hello immigration experts,

I am planning to file multiple h1b petitions this year for me from different employers and different petitions. The 2 different companies are not related to each other.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/dhs-proposes-merit-based-rule-more-effective-and-efficient-h-1b-visa-program

The above is the link for new rules which could potentially come into place. Keeping the new rules under consideration, do you think can we make multiple petitions this year?

I am really worried about this and a detailed explanation of the new rules and multiple petitions would be helpful to me.

Hey bandlamudi,

I am free to write about any matter related to immigration (morality, technicalities, etc) as much as I can. Please don't pick on one party; I'm not the only one posting here, ok? When I see posts that border on immoral, unethical, illegal, fraudulent behavior, I call it, and nothing irrelevant about it. 

Quote#1: "The proposed rule also limits the filing of H-1B cap-subject petitions to the beneficiary named on the original selected registration, which would protect the integrity of this registration system". 

Quote#2: "........require petitioners seeking to file H-1B cap-subject petitions to first electronically register with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) during a designated registration period.

Considering these facts, a single employer CANNOT file 2 petitions for the same beneficiary. Does that mean 2 different employers can file a petition for the same beneficiary? I think it is quite possible. A PhD fellow with a brilliant acumen would certainly attract different employers to work for them. Why that beneficiary would restrain to only 1 employer? Open to discuss. 

Archived